Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in Yuma, AZ. Information about Yuma, AZ and the surrounding area can be found at https://www.yumachamber.org/.
NOTE: These are NOT Law Enforcement positions.
- Presents a positive image of the area and of the BLM; ensuring visitor contact is conducted in a courteous, professional, and friendly manner.
- Advises visitors concerning safety, fire prevention, amenities available, and proper and authorized uses of recreational facilities.
- Meets with visitors to provide information concerning points of interest, travel routes, historical and natural features, site use opportunities and limitations, and park activities.
- Assists with the management of and Special Recreation Permits (SRPs); including issuance of permits, permit renewals, monitoring of permitted uses, collection of fees, permit compliance, and data entry; handling or reporting suspected SRP violations.
- Coordinates with the Volunteer Coordinator in meeting volunteer program goals and objectives.
- Prepares recreation areas/sites for visitor use, to include planning, operation, and required maintenance.
- Performs routine facility maintenance and/or repair.
- Installs and maintains various types of signage on public lands, such as off road vehicle, wilderness, portal, boundary, directional road and trail, and interpretive signing.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597590200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.