- Salary: GS-5: $38,665 (Step 01) to $50,267 (Step 10); GS-7: $47,895 (Step 01) to $62,266 (Step 10). NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
As a Chemist within the Quality Systems Branch, Laboratory and Analytical Services Division, Water Mission Area, some of your specific duties will include:
- Performs varied chemical analyses and tests on samples to determine the chemical composition of substances, presence and identification of compounds in samples submitted to the laboratory. Tests and and analyses include physical tests, wet laboratory analyses and instrumental analyses.
- Performs routine calculations. May perform computer programming used for the analysis and reduction of data.
- Detects unusual reactions and instances when the established methods and procedures are not applicable and recommends minor modifications or alternative methods to use.
- Writes laboratory report identifying the sample, stating the methods and procedures used.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597568400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.