Serves as a Section Chief under a Service Line Director within Infrastructure Operations and supervising IT teams, projects and conducting assessments of the impact of forecasted changes in technology and business requirements.Learn more about this agency
This is not a bargaining unit position.
Please read this public notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application. Vacancies may not presently exist but may become available at any point during the opening period of this vacancy announcement. We will not review applicant resumes until there is a request to fill a vacancy.
You are applying to a public notice to fill current and future vacancies. Please note, there may or may not be actual/projected vacancies when you submit your application. Your resume and any supporting documentation will be retained with other applicants and reviewed as vacancies occur. You will not receive a notice regarding your application's status other than the initial acknowledgment until a request is received to fill a position.
Once a request to fill a vacancy is received, we will review applicants in increments of 100 in application date order. We will refer qualified applicants to the selecting official for consideration. The organization's hiring need will determine the referral of additional applicants. Applicants will be notified about their application's status if referred or if we fill all vacancies.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
- NCWF Code: 40
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website:https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
Work Schedule: Tuesday - Saturday 6:00am - 2:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position. (Working remotely from home)
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Position Description Title/PD#: Supervisory IT Specialist (OS/SysAdmin)/16122A
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with travel and to attendance at meetings and conferences away from the work site.
Supervisory Probationary Period: Applicants selected for this position may be required to serve a one year supervisory probationary period. Failure to successfully complete the supervisory probationary period will result in the employee being reassigned to a position in the agency of no lower grade and pay than the one the employee left to accept the supervisory or managerial position.
- Experience in the use of oral and written communication methods and techniques to accomplish continuing coordination with IT program managers, customers, etc., and prepare and present briefings to senior IT staff on complex IT issues
- Detailed understanding of IT Infrastructure systems with a broad knowledge of guidelines to support IT Managers and IT staff along with Mangers and Staff being the end user
- Extensive knowledge implementing the latest technologies dealing with traditional telephony, IP Telephony, and Video Conferencing
- Utilize information security policies, vulnerabilities of computer and data communications systems, and the basic tools and practices for protecting information systems
- Implement quality and process improvement and establish controls to improve the services provided to all nationwide customers
25% or less - You may be expected to occasionally travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597558800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.