THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a IT SPECIALIST (CUSTOMER SUPPORT), Position Description Number T5906000 and is part of the 141st Air Refueling Wing, National Guard.
Location: 141 CF
Appointment Type: Permanent
As a IT SPECIALIST (CUSTOMER SUPPORT), GS-2210-11, you will:
- Manages the assigned IT/communications environment and Information Systems (IS) with privileged access at the network level for the Wing, Geographically Separated Units (GSU), and Tenants. Oversee customer system update/incident requests through Client Service Center Job Control to ensure proper resolution and documentation of work requests within the required Automated Information System (AIS). Brief Command Staff on system, job control status and analysis trends.
- Serves as a focal point for ensuring functionality and operability of the assigned IT/data systems/functions, voice and wireless systems to support mission requirements of Wing, Geographically Separated Units (GSU), and Tenants. Coordinate system remediation actions with the Cybersecurity office and Cybersecurity Liaison(s) (CL) to ensure proper authentication, authorization and access for information system clients.
- Provides customer/client technical assistance and support for all users. Provides ongoing technical support and training to customers to ensure proper functional use of equipment, and programs and to preclude undue interruptions with to IT/ and communications services.
- Determines customer requirements and assists customers by recognizing and analyzing trends and providing instruction and orientation services.
- Conducts feasibility studies to identify and analyze system failures and analyzes data to determine if trends exist which forecast the need for future replacement or modification of system hardware and software.
- Coordinates frequency needs with command level spectrum management office to maintain current allocations and obtain new authorizations. Verify Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) and associated networked equipment does not interfere with
standing frequencies for mission critical communications.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs hardware devices supporting a broad range of information and communications systems. Maintain coordination with the Fairchild Communications Focal Point (CFP) on periodic maintenance inspection activities and work center incident resolution distribution/reporting.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597556900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.