What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
- GS-11: $72,750 (step 01) to $94,581 (step 10)
- GS-12: $87,198 (step 01) to $113,362 (step 10)
Open to current or former Federal employees: USGS-RES-21-11048708-ST-IB Learn more about this agency
As a Chemist within the Geology, Energy and Minerals Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
1. Serve as a technical specialist for analytical methods in the radiogenic isotope and trace element laboratories.
2. Develop, adapt, and evaluate sample preparation and analysis methods that detect, identify, and
quantify chemical substances.
3. Contribute to overseeing the daily operation of a chemistry laboratory for trace element
and isotopic contaminants in geological, biological, and environmental samples.
4. Establish work priorities for laboratory technicians, creating standard operating protocols, reviewing laboratory procedures, and training new employees in laboratory safety procedures.
5. Perform chemical procedures on a broad range of samples that may include water, soil, sediment, rock, plant tissue, animal tissue, or a combination.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597527400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.