THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a SUPERVISORY SECURITY SPECIALIST (T5), Position Description Number T600700 and is part of the AL 187TH Fighter Wing, National Guard.
ORGANIZATION: 187TH FW, MONTGOMERY, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: Lt Col R. STIMPSON
1. Plans, organizes, and directs all Special Access security activities of the Advanced Program Security Office, ensuring that Information, Personnel, Physical, Industrial, and Automated Information System functional work areas comply with legal and regulatory requirements and meets customer needs. Develops goals and objectives that integrate organization and wing, Air Force, and national objectives. Researches, interprets, analyzes and applies National, DoD, Director of Central Intelligence Directive (DCID), USAF, and MAJCOM policies classifying and protecting special access program systems, national defense, and other sensitive information originated or controlled by the wing and associated personnel. Establishes policies and procedures for accomplishment of SAP information, personnel, physical, industrial, and automated information system security. Plans and schedules work in a manner that promotes a smooth flow and even distribution. Coordinates plans and schedules with other organization managers and customers as appropriate. Identifies need for changes in priorities and takes action to implement such changes. Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts short-term priorities, and prepares schedules.
2. Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities. Advises and provides counsel to employees regarding policies, procedures, and directives of management. Selects or recommends selection of candidates for vacancies, promotions, details, and reassignment in consideration of skills, qualifications, and mission requirements. Develops, modifies, and/or interprets performance standards. Explains performance expectations to employees and provides regular feedback on strengths and weaknesses. Holds employees responsible for satisfactory completion of work assignments. Appraises subordinate workers performance ensuring consistency and equity in rating techniques. Recommends awards when appropriate and approves within-grade increases. Hears and resolves employee complaints and refers serious unresolved complaints to higher level management. Initiates action to correct performance or conduct problems.
3. Represents Wing with a variety of installation and functional area organizations. Establishes, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with DOD, AF,SAF/AQ, MAJCOM, Wings, Groups, Squadron and civilian contract agencies. Meets with key customer and coordinating officials to assess customer satisfaction, explain organization policy and procedures, and resolve problems that arise. Provides or ensures that subordinates provide customer guidance and training. Participates in special projects and initiatives and performs special assignments.
4. Manages the Special Access Industrial Security Program for the Installation as needed. Reviews solicitation and contract documents to ensure they include the appropriate security clauses and language. May review DD Forms 254, Contract Security Classification Specifications, for technical accuracy and sufficiency of classification guidance prior to approval. May conduct initial facility security clearance surveys of contractor facilities to determine their ability to work with and store classified and sensitive information, including information generated or stored in Automated Information Systems (AIS); provides for proper personnel security administration, such as proper visitor controls; and physical security provisions and safeguards. Assists contractor personnel in the development of security procedures. Conducts periodic security inspections of facilities to ensure compliance with the National policy and DoD and Higher HQ directives, installation security programs, and assists cognizant security offices (CSO) as necessary. Conducts interviews with contractor management to determine the organizational structure to include key officials; assures clearance levels for officials are commensurate with information handled; and assess the facilities' physical acceptability for possession of classified and/or sensitive information.
5. Assists and oversees the implementation and administration of the automated information systems (AIS) security program as needed. Ensures DOD, DCID, USAF, and ACC policies and directives for the classification, protection, and configuration of all advanced programs AIS and networks are implemented. Interprets, formulates, and develops AIS security operating procedures to protect national security information. Approves AIS software and hardware control and accountability procedures.
Performs other duties as assigned.
PLEASE CONTACT HRO FOR A FULL POSITION DESCRIPTION.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597494900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.