Explore a new career with the BLM--where our people are our greatest natural resource.Learn more about this agency
This position is in the Western Montana District, Missoula Field Office, Division of Nonrenewable Resources, located in Missoula, Montana. Information about Missoula and the surrounding area can be found at https://www.missoulachamber.com/.
We expect to fill four (4) vacancies at this time; however, additional positions may be filled from this announcement if they become available.
- Research files and records to obtain information about sites scheduled for cultural inventories.
- Review reference material to aid in identification of artifacts recovered during inventories.
- Determines inventory methods to use, identifies area to be inventoried, schedules inventory, and arranges for equipment, supplies, and transportation.
- Prepare statements of work for non-complex cultural resource field inventories.
- Obtains required permission from landowners, trains crewmembers, and assigns work.
Occasional travel - Travel to the field will be required. The amount of overnight travel will be determined by the nature of the work.
None - These positions have no promotion potential. To be considered for a higher grade, you must apply for the higher grade.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597450900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.