This is an OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT and will remain open until June 19th 2021 .The initial cut-off date for referral of eligible applications will be April 19th, 2021, with subsequent cut-off dates on the 4th of each month. Eligible applications received after that date will be referred at regular intervals or as additional vacancies occur on an as-needed basis until positions are filledLearn more about this agency
This is an open and continuous announcement (OCA) that will be used for filling multiple vacancies for GS 6 Advanced Medical Support Assistants for the Eastern Colorado Healthcare System. Interviews will be scheduled as vacancies become available
AMSAs provide administrative support to our clinical colleagues in the care of our Nation's Veterans. Our mission is to provide efficient and effective healthcare services by promoting and enabling the delivery of timely, accurate, accessible health care. The VA is committed to cultivating a dedicated workforce of highly skilled employees who understand, believe in and take pride in VA's mission. AMSAs are essential to the success of this mission and may be assigned to many areas of the medical center including but not limited to any of the following areas: The Business Office, Community Care Service, Call Center, Health Administrative Services
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates with the patient care team to review the clinic utilization by using various reports.
- Ensures that the clinic setup is closely monitored to effectively support the needs of the clinic, and makes any necessary adjustments.
- Develops/maintains effective and efficient communication with the patient, interdisciplinary team, VA medical centers, and other agencies.
- Facilitates/processes secure messaging with the patient and team; notifies patients of normal lab results.
- Develops and manages a tracking system for follow up care such as consults, tests, etc..
- Participates in team huddles and team meetings to manage and plan patient care.
- Sets priorities and deadlines, adjusting the flow and sequencing of the work to meet team and patient needs.
- May work with the team to reinforce the plan of care and self-help solutions and entering appropriate information into the electronic record.
- Monitors pre-appointment requirements to assure readiness for patient visit/procedure (e.g., X-ray, lab work).
- Manages electronic wait list to verify and validate accuracy and resolve issues.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597429300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.