This job opportunity announcement is for six (6) vacancies to be filled within the duty locations listed.Learn more about this agency
As a Paralegal Specialist at the GS-0950-9, you will be part of the LEGAL UNIT, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. If selected, you will serve as a Paralegal Specialist responsible for providing litigation and administrative support to the Legal Unit staff of Attorneys.
Click here for the OPM Salaries and Wages to review specific locality pay.
- Locating witnesses and potential claimants (including use of computer software search tools) and conducting interviews to obtain information; then, coordinating for deposition, trial, settlements and claims processing;
- Testifying at deposition or trial as necessary;
- Utilizing computer software skills for word processing and generation of spreadsheets; utilizing litigation support software such as CaseMap, Relativity, etc., for organizing evidence, analyzing discovery, and creating exhibits;
- Preparing back pay estimations or other damage calculations, utilizing math skills and computer software;
- You may also be responsible for communicating with vendors, working with process servers, messengers, and copy service businesses, and the filing of court documents through electronic processes, by mail or in person.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597428600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.