This position is located in the Enterprise Command Center (ECC), Enterprise Command Operations (ECO), Information Technology Operations and Service (ITOPS), Office of Information and Technology (OIT) serving as an IT Specialist responsible for the full range of duties within their assigned roles in the Enterprise Command Center to provide event management services for addressing IT operational events in order to maintain the interoperability of production systems and services.Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
- NCWF Code: 451 - System Administrator.
- NCWF Code: 411 - Technical Support Specialist.
- NCWF Code: 421 - Database Administrator.
The first 50 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs.
This is a bargaining unit position.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Telework: May be available upon supervisory approval
Virtual: This is a virtual position. Employee will be required to report to a VA facility.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist/ PD18635A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary, but may involve intermediate periods of walking, bending, stooping, lifting, carrying, moving (up to 50 pounds) computer components and supplies, reaching, pulling, and working at a keyboard and monitor. Subject to call back outside tour of duty.
- Create and maintain documentation on networks, systems, applications and databases to include historical and trending information.
- Provide IT technical support related to the implementation of enterprise OIT policies and procedures.
- Document system administration standard operating procedures; researches, evaluate and provide feedback on problematic trends and patterns in customer support requirements.
- Monitor events to identify Incidents and provide to the appropriate support organization.
- Participate in planning, execution, operation and maintenance of IT systems and infrastructures to insure systems can be properly monitored. Consults with customers to identify any specify requirements and/or actions required for various events.
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 5% of the time
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597426000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.