This position is part of the Office of the Chief Information Officer, Cybersecurity Division. The incumbent will provide expertise and leadership for the Cyber Intelligence Cell (CIC) to investigate, analyze, detect, safeguard, and correlate foreign cyber threats observed or targeting DOI information systems, critical infrastructure, and cyber-related interests.https://www.doi.gov/whoweare
This vacancy is filling 1 position in either Reston, VA or Washington, DC.
- Collect, evaluate, analyze, and disseminate suspicious cyber activity, threat information, and other actionable information
- Utilize tactical, operational, and strategic information to provide actionable reporting and products to the cyber security team and DOI Bureaus
- Identify deficiencies and recommend appropriate cyber related countermeasures necessary to counter Foreign Intelligence Entities (FIE) cyber threats against the organization
- Prepare intelligence reports, briefings, and executive summaries of investigations and operations
- Direct the work performed by the CIC team analysts, setting assigning tasks, priorities, and identifying functional gaps
- Identify and track cyber threats through intelligence analysis, log correlation, and develop analytical techniques to track unusual network behavior
- Develop new analytics and hunting methods to detect foreign cyber threat adversaries that can also be utilized by the security operations center and other entities within the Agency
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597414400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.