The position is that of Assistant Chief in the Livestock, Poultry and Grain Market News Division Voluntary or Mandatory Reporting Branch. The purpose of this program administered by the office is to furnish producers, buyers, and other interested members of the trade, as well as the consuming public, with a wide range of timely, accurate, and impartial information on supply, demand, movement, distribution, prices and price trends, and other related economic factors.Learn more about this agency
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Plans, implements and oversees the training of market reporters in the coverage of a wholesale market of national significance
- Responsible for ensuring that strong relations are maintained with industry contacts on the markets
- Represents the Federal government in coordinating activities with other Federal and State agencies to assure conformance to Federal State policy
- Studies daily and seasonal operations
- Directs the preparation and dissemination of a very large number of daily, weekly, annual, and special market reports covering local sales on the wholesale market
- Conducts training of reporters according to structured on the job training program as outlined in Division guidelines.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597411000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.