This position is located in the Applications Service Line organization, eASL, VistaA Apps, Health, Benefits, Memorial, Corporate (HBMC), Infrastructure Operations (IO), IT Operations and Services (ITOPS), Office of Information and Technology (OI&T) serving as an Senior IT Specialist responsible for the IT specialty area required to support the VistA Applications Division in one of the following sections: Health Applications, Financial and Admin Applications.Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
451 - System Administrator
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
This is a bargaining unit position.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:00am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist/ PD10084A and PD10085A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary, but may involve intermediate periods of walking, bending, stooping, lifting, carrying, moving (up to 50 pounds) computer components and supplies, reaching, pulling, and working at a keyboard and monitor. Subject to call back outside tour of duty.
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-13. At the GS-12 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-13. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds. Promotion is not guaranteed and no promise of promotion is implied.
- Conducts applied and supporting research for management information systems by meeting with functional specialists to determine information needs.
- Applies limited functional knowledge of materiel acquisition, performance indicators, logistics, production base support, budget, personnel, cost, disbursement, reimbursement, executive message systems and energy consumption in developing new and/or improved information systems.
- Reports any potential patient safety issues to Vista Applications management.
- Supports Health Centric VistA Applications within the Region for production and test accounts.
- Handles access requests for OED, Regional Staff, Remote Groups (HRC, Dayton Telehealth Nurse), and other high-level staff needing access to one or more regional sites.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597388700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.