United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Marketing Service, Dairy Programs Federal Milk Market Administrator falls under the Excepted Service.Learn more about this agency
This position will be filled in the 1100 Agricultural Economist series.
As the Agricultural Economist in this position, you will:
- Prepare and perform analysis of dairy related statistics relative to the Northeast Federal Milk Marketing Area and the dairy industry in general.
- Prepare written monthly reports or longer-term studies for an audience of northeast dairy farmers, interested industry parties, and internal personnel on dairy relevant topics.
- Appraise milk marketing conditions and the impact of Federal Milk Order provisions and assist with the evaluation of alternatives.
- Prepare and deliver oral presentations for both internal and external audiences.
- Compute and prepare price announcements.
- Assist with records management and any other administrative or regulatory service associated with the implementation of procedures and policies of the Northeast Federal Milk Marketing Area.
- Represent the Northeast Milk Market Administrator's office at industry and professional activities.
NOTE: This position falls under pay bands MA 12-19. Selectee's pay will be set between the MA-12-13 pay bands based on years of education and/or experience.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597387900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.