The Office of the Deputy Administrator (ODA) plans and directs the broad program and administrative activities of the Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) Livestock and Poultry Program (LP). As the Management & Program Analyst (Data Analytics), the incumbent plays a critical role in advising the Program on key data initiatives and issues, and decision-making processes based on expert knowledge of the substantive program and administrative activities of LP.Learn more about this agency
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Participates in the analysis of Agency-wide data projects and programs, providing advice and guidance in the resolution of complex problems.
- Assists and advises officials in the Office of the Deputy Administrator for LP, as well as staff across Program and Division lines on data development and management, and data visualization design, creation, management, and maintenance.
- Recommends program plans, goals, objectives, and milestones in the data and visualization environment which serve as the basis for substantive changes in the organization.
- Assesses program effectiveness, makes recommendations, and carries out the improvement of data storage, management, maintenance, and accessibility initiatives.
- Directs the capture, reporting, and analysis of data relating to the organization?s operations and directs or personally performs special studies or projects.
- Creates and maintains data visualization tools and serves as project leader for these initiatives.
- Evaluates and determines the need for and ability to create internal data visualization dashboards, or other tools to allow quick and effective analyses of LP functions of high importance and high visibility.
- Plans, organizes and carries-out research and analysis involving issues related to key data programs.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597381600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.