The ideal candidate for this position will be This position starts at a salary of $87,198 (GS-12). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Grants Program team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as a Grants Management Specialist performing work that involves implementing and managing Federal grants and cooperative agreements and providing related technical assistance and services.
Typical assignments include:
- Conducting risk assessments and business reviews
- Performing detailed budget analysis to determine the allowability, allocability, and reasonableness under applicable cost principles and their relationship to the objectives of proposed project ; Prepare award instruments for execution; Review recipient requests for modifications to the agreement, coordinate and facilitate legitimate requested revisions, and process applicable documentation for executing agreement modifications
- Performing and monitoring close-out of agreements which includes reconciling financial information and processing a funding de-obligation, if required
- Responding to data calls, coordinate preparation for audits and reviews, handle the more complex, politically sensitive, higher-risk, unprecedented or unique financial assistance actions
- Provide training, technical assistance, oversight, ethics advice, expertise, and consultation to program officials, awardees, review panels, applicants, recipients, and subrecipients as needed
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597374100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.