All positions are located on the Superior National Forest. There will be multiple positions filled at Ranger Districts across the Forest. See the Additional Information section for details.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent performs a variety of arduous work in support of the unit wilderness program. Requires overnight travel and camping for 8 days at time.
For additional information about the duties of this position, or to contact a Supervisor, please see the additional information section.
- Participate in the preparation and execution of wilderness management plans based on approved direction in land management plans.
- Perform duties to develop and monitor the logistics required for completion of wilderness projects and non- wilderness projects associated with trail maintenance and reconstruction.
- Record diverse information about the characteristics of the area location of a variety of facilities to identify and plan for future projects.
- Train crews in wilderness and trails construction and revegetation techniques to protect natural resources.
- Identify and plan for future trail construction, reconstruction, maintenance and restoration projects to achieve resource management goals.
- Participate in the implementation of recreation areas to carry out operations plans for the use, improvement and maintenance for developed and dispersed sites.
- Defines inventory and monitoring data needed to assess wilderness conditions.
- Conduct Limits of Acceptable Change (LAC) studies, interpreting findings, making recommendations.
- Serve as a Forest Protection Officer (FPO) by issuing notices of wilderness violations to protect resources.
- Conduct investigations, collects evidence and prepares case reports on violations.
- Provide information and interpretive services to the public about recreational opportunities.
- Act as liaison with community organizations and interest groups to stimulate awareness and utilization of recreation facilities.
75% or less - Frequent overnight travel into the Wilderness Area will be required - Up to 8 days at a time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597339500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.