THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a Allied Trades Worker, Position Description Number D1220000 and is part of the WY Combined Support Maintenance Shop, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to assist higher graded workers in performing work in the skilled trades' occupations in support of maintenance functions. Engages in joint operations with higher graded workers. Rotates through trades areas to gain experience.
(1) Modifies, repairs and makes canvas parts such as truck tarpaulin, machinery and equipment covers. Repairs or makes new covers for upholstery on trucks, and other equipment.
(2) Constructs and repairs boxes, pallets, wood bracing to be used in shipping and storage. Follows instructions as to the type of item, size, shape, and materials to be used. Exact measurement will frequently not be available. Removes and replaces wood type trailer decking.
(3) Operates various machine tools performing work involved in various simple fabrications as instructed by a higher-grade machinist who will lay out the work required and give specific instructions in the performance of the work required.
(4) Uses computer software for sign making machine, to include vinyl printer and cutters.
(5) Repairs mobile equipment metal body components such as fenders, panels, hooks, truck beds.
** This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties. **
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597316400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.