- Who may apply: Current permanent DFAS employees in the competitive service and eligible Priority Placement Program DoD Military Spouses Preference applicants.
- Position is located in INFO & TECHNOLOGY DIRECTORATE, INFASTRUCTURE SERVICES, ZTDAA .
- This job announcement may be used to fill similar positions on other teams in the I&T Directorate
- Serves as a Supervisory, Information Technology Specialist responsible for providing technical and administrative guidance to personnel engaged in directing issues pertaining to the assigned organizational unit.
- Provides for effective technical support of major finance and/or accounting automated information systems development and maintenance within the organization.
- Plans work and sets priorities to be accomplished by subordinate employees, taking into consideration the overall capabilities of the employees. Develops performance standards and evaluates employee performance.
- Technical expert and project leader to oversee and coordinate a staff of computer specialists.
- Assists in determining priorities and ensures adequacy of project plans; technical proposals; and the analysis, design, testing, integration, debugging, deployment, monitoring, and maintenance of systems hardware.
- Works in a team environment to approach problems in a systematic and consistent method. Analyzes and identifies the size and scope of problems or new approaches being investigated.
- Coordinates maintenance and support of the ELAN to ensure system adequacy and efficiency. Identifies and formulates plans to resolve problems by applying new and evolving technology
- Assists in the administration of contracts and provides input into development of statement of work, establishment of project objectives and project plans, evaluating technical proposals, and monitoring contractor's work performance.
- Perform extensive analyses of emerging telecommunications, and local network technologies; evaluates third party software to determine whether it is more cost-effective than developing custom applications.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597300800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.