You will serve as an IT SPECIALIST (APPSW) in the BUSINESS APPLICATION ENGINEERING COMPETENCY (54360) of NAVAL INFORMATION WARFARE CENTER (NIWC) ATLANTIC.Learn more about this agency
This announcement uses the OPM Federal Wide direct hire authority to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to certain positions in the competitive service.
This is a RE-ADVERTISEMENT of Announcement Number:DE-11072573-21-NMS. Applicants that have previously applied NEED to re-apply to this announcement.
- You will serve as a Project Lead/Analyst for Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems or Manpower, Personnel, Training and Education (MPTE) systems, and will lead a team to support all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- You will perform work utilizing software design principles, techniques, and practices.
- You will communicate with technical and policy staff experts, internal and external stakeholders, and all levels of management within an organization.
- You will communicate professionally, orally and written to represent NIWC Atlantic in meetings, architecture conferences, working groups, and project reviews with the inter-agency project managers and NIWC internal customers.
- You will lead project planning to meet objectives and participate in phase, milestone, and final project reviews.
- You will lead and mentor a team of technical personnel that plans, implements and maintains large-scale applications.
- You will manage, lead, or administer project resources (e.g. task orders, budgets, deliverables, manning).
- You will ensure compliance with IM and IT policy, guidelines, and standards and Cybersecurity/IA practices.
- You will develop cost and schedule estimates for new or modified systems.
- You will identify project risks, problems, issues and concerns, and formulate mitigation plans and/or corrective actions.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597300500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.