This position is located in Bandelier National Monument, in the Interpretation and Visitor Services Division.Learn more about this agency
Open until 04/09/2021. All applications submitted by 11:59 (EST) on the closing day will receive consideration. Government housing may be available.
This position serves as the Field Operations Supervisor and Visitor Center Manager for the Division of Interpretation and Visitor Services at Bandelier National Monument. The incumbent provides support, guidance, supervision, and leadership for the division's visitor services and interpretation and educational programming.
- Serves as the fee collection officer. Plans, directs, coordinates, implements, and evaluates the effectiveness of park visitor services, fee collection, and interpretive and educational programming.
- Supervises and directs, the daily activities and professional development of all front-line staff; permanent employees, (Park Guides and VUA's) and seasonal employees (Park Rangers, Park Guides and Visitor Use Assistants.)
- Supervises and manages VIPs in the Division of Interpretation & Visitor Services.
- Prepares and submits recruitment paperwork and hires seasonal and permanent vacancy announcements.
- Plans, coordinates, and presents interpretive training in conjunction with division supervisor/leads, other division staff and park partners.
- Develops program and division work goals/proposals, resolves problem situations, and coordinates work involving internal and external clients.
- Participates in the park's budget process through preparation of cost estimates for short and long range interpretive and formal education program goals. Identifies non-base and/or non-government funding sources for interpretive products and services and prepares grant proposals.
- Performs Other Duties as Assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597280700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.