THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a WELDER (T32), Position Description Number D1215000and is part of the AL CSMS 1, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
ORGANIZATION: CSMS #1, MONTGOMERY, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: MAJ J. HILL
(1) Performs welding duties using electric, acetylene, and/or inert gas shielded welding processes, pre-heating, brazing, head welding, tack welding, flame cutting, pressure welding, and heat treating.
(2) Uses templates, jigs, blueprints, and other guides to repair, modify, or fabricate metal items including repair of light or intricately made mechanical parts, which must fit in assemblies where close tolerances are required. Makes numerous types of joints using flat, vertical, horizontal, and overhead positions on light and heavy equipment such as axles, frames, gun mounts and components, carriers, tanks, metal decks constructed of a variety of weldable metals. Welds or reinforces heavy armor plate. Performs precision welding on jigs, dies, engineering and automotive equipment.
(3) Brazes dissimilar metals; flame cuts metal to size for fabrication, using regular welding equipment. Utilizes basic sheet metal tools and equipment such as a bender, press, roller, shear, and band saw to repair and/or fabricate a variety of equipment air conditioning and heater duct units, storage cabinets, and components for armored personnel carriers.
(4) Reads and interprets blueprints and sketches. Lays out, positions, and clamps work; selects type of rod and size of tip to accomplish weld. Determines heat necessary; adjusts equipment accordingly. Manually maintains proper speed, flame motion, tip and angle, and position of the welding flame to produce desired pattern.
(5) Performs other duties as assigned.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597278600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.