The Program Support Assistant (OA) position provides administrative, evaluative, and technical support to the Associate Chief of Staff for Education (ACOS/E) and others associated with a complex healthcare system to include employees, upper-level management, affiliate schools, affiliate hospitals, and trainees. The Program Support Assistant (OA) is located at the Robley Rex VAMC, ACOS/E Service and the direct supervisor is the ACOS/Education/Designated Education Officer (DEO).Learn more about this agency
The major duties of the Program Support Assistant (OA) include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Management of service-related policies, standard operating procedures, budget, resource management, and reporting requirements.
- Serves as the single point of contact for tracking, processing, payment, reconciliation, and maintenance of trainee on-call support needs.
- Oversees the facility's trainee on-call meal voucher program of approximately $30,000 annually for over 400 Graduate Medical Education (GME) individuals who fill over 100 full-time positions.
- Responsible for controlled creation, monitored distribution, collection and collation after use, fiscal payment processing, and documentation of a financial reconciliation process to demonstrate appropriate provision and use, as outlined by the Office of Academic Affairs (OAA), the Office of the Inspector General (OIG), and Congress.
- Maintains the fund control point data, by keeping up-to-date spreadsheets for allocations and expenditures, reviewing requests for increase in voucher provision and assuring documentation required to support the request is provided, ensuring computer requests for additional funds and/or return of funds is appropriately entered and completed, and coordination with fiscal regarding changes in programming or resolution of discrepancies.
- Coordinates with Services and the affiliate to project annual budget needs.
- Audits equipment inventory daily, completes requests for replacement or repair, and ensures resolution for equipment auditory discrepancies and equipment turn-ins.
- Serves as primary authority on the Fund Control Point (FCP) to approve payment.
- Collaborates with the service chief to develop the annual service business plan and budget.
- Collects, collates, and develops plan to address trainee, affiliate, management, and other Services' concerns regarding training space.
- Serves as the primary liaison for the Service in matters involving cybersecurity mandates involving trainees and is responsible for disseminating information related to the authorized use of VHA computer systems.
- Provides support and guidance to the clinical Service ADPACs regarding on-boarding processes and barriers unique to the trainee population.
- Collects, integrates, and prepares data for OAA's Health Services Training Report.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Program Support Assistant (OA)/PD402690
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597180500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.