THIS IS A TITLE 32 DUAL STATUS POSITIONLearn more about this agency
DUTY LOCATION: 103d Operations Group, East Granby, CT
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the CTANG.
Area 2: All currently employed full-time Temporary Technician personnel and all current traditional members of the CTANG.
Area 3: Individuals eligible for membership in the CTANG. Membership must be satisfied within four (4) months of selection.
This is an indefinite position that may convert to permanent without further competition.
JOB SUMMARY: The paramount purpose of this position is to pilot a unit-equipped (UE) airplane. In addition to piloting responsibilities, performs administrative tasks in support of the Air Operations program.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Air National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Pilots advanced, single or multi-engine military airplane, high performance military fighter aircraft on tactical/non-tactical assigned missions using advanced precision instrument flight techniques in conjunction with air navigational aids.
- Prepares for flight to include: securing current and forecast weather information to determine conditions along the proposed route of flight and at the destination; plans the flight through the study of maps and charts to determine routing, intermediate stops, alternate destination, fuel requirements, estimated flying time and, if required, files the airplane flight plan; checks or verifies that the airplane is ready for flight, including such aspects as loading and weight distribution, maintenance or service conditions, and performing prescribed preflight checks; ensures that any passengers and crew members are briefed on the nature and purpose of the flight and the procedures to be followed in an emergency; and obtains the proper clearances to begin the flight.
- Operates the airplane with the utmost safety to include: adhering to flight procedures and parameters specified in the airplane flight manual; communicating and coordinating with ground units and controlling activities; monitoring performance of the airplane and progress of the flight; and takes corrective action, including the use of emergency procedures as required.
- Accomplishes post-flight activities to include: maintaining airplane logs and forms; writing flight reports; coordinating with maintenance personnel on service conditions; and conducts post-flight checks.
- Serves as the Air Commander's representative when performing duties as Supervisor of Flying (SOF) and is responsible for the safe and efficient mission accomplishment of the unit.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597177500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.