The ideal candidate for this position will be knowledgeable of applicable policies and laws governing Federal contracting and procurement, with the ability to negotiate contract terms and conditions as well as establish and maintain effective working relationships. This position starts at a salary of $99,319 (GS-13). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Region 6 team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will be responsible for soliciting, evaluating, negotiating, awarding, administering, analyzing, advising on, and terminating contracts for the procurement of supplies and services. You will also be responsible for reviewing junior Contract specialist actions up to the point of signature and training contract specialist, program offices and contractors on the appropriate federal contracting procedures.
. Typical assignments include:
- Performing contract pre-award work to secure contracts for the acquisition of goods and services; ensuring that procurements are obtained from responsible sources at fair and reasonable prices.
- Examining and evaluating of a contractor's cost estimates or price proposals to determine the necessity and reasonableness of proposed contract costs.
- Monitoring and administering contract performance after a contract is awarded to ensure proper progress, negotiating any modification to a contract, and to ensure that contract activities are completed.
- Performing work related to the contract post-award process and analyzes or interpreting aspects of procurement policies or procedures to recommend actions or alternative policies or procedures and reviews contract actions for compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Leading the team in identifying, distributing and balancing workload and tasks among employees in accordance with established work flow, skill level and/or occupational specialization; and ensuring that each employee has an integral role in developing the final team product.
- Leading training, and advising junior Contract Specialists.
25% or less - Travel up to 25% may be required for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597177000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.