This position is being recruited under 10 USC 1599f into the Cyber Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service. It has been identified as a position necessary to carry out and support the mission of the US Cyber Command.Learn more about this agency
It is in the Professional Work Category at the Full Performance Work Level within the CES Occupational Structure. It is located in the DISA CURR OPS BR.
- Ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems, networks, and data through the planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of information systems security programs, policies, procedures.
- Provides recommendations to a senior specialist on countermeasure actions for multiple systems and technologies across the DoD Enterprise.
- Conducting risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs.
- Responsible for the intrusion detection, incident response, and countermeasure development and executing actions for the Global Infrastructure supporting the DoD, Services and Agencies.
- Ensures data analysis and prepares draft white papers, implementation plans, and briefings supporting DCO/Network Assurance mission.
- Assessing security events to determine impact and implements corrective actions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597164700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.