This position is located in the Pharmacy Department at the Mescalero Service Unit, Mescalero, New Mexico. The primary purpose of this position is to provide pharmacy technical services, the incumbent will perform a combination of duties in both areas of pharmacy and billing, as a Pharmacy Technician and Billing Technician.Learn more about this agency
This position is being re-announced to solicit additional candidates; applicants who previously applied to this announcement need not reapply unless submitting updated information and/or missing forms.
- Reviews electronic records from clinics daily reflecting care patient has been provided and medication prescribed/dispensed.
- Reviews, interprets, and accurately fills individual prescriptions, performs the basic technical processes entailed in dispensing prescriptions.
- Ensures that prescription dispensed are entered into the system accurately, to ensure charges are generated per visit and to maintain accounting records.
- Request and obtains prior authorization for various pharmaceutical products from insurance companies.
- Researches and follows up on rejected claims online in order to ensure maximum reimbursement to the facility.
- Maintains records and files in accordance applicable regulations and guidance.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597142400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.