This position is a Maintenance Mechanic, WG- 4749-9 working in for the one of the six listed locations.Learn more about this agency
Information link to duty locations information:
This position is also open to status candidates under announcement MR-21-11073626-BL-MP. You must apply to each announcement separately if you wish to be considered under both recruitment methods.
As a Maintenance Mechanic your duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs non-supervisory maintenance and repair work on grounds, exterior structures, buildings, and related fixtures and utilities on the hatchery.
- Constructs, repairs or modifies building structures and related facilities such as finished paneling, doors, windows, rafters where accuracy, spacing, and fit are essential and structural soundness and appearance are important.
- Performs maintenance, repairs, and tests new and existing electrical lines, circuits, alarm systems, fixtures, controls, pumps, thermocouple sensors, geothermal heating and cooling, and other equipment.
- Performs repairs on components and assemblies such as engines, transmissions, and differentials on motor vehicles, generator(s) and other equipment.
- Operates various pieces of equipment to maintain grounds, facilities, water intakes, parking, roads, and raceways.
- Operates various equipment to maintain hatchery. Operations entail working on steep slopes, muddy/soft ground, and surrounded by other obstacles such as fences and water control structures.
- Operates agricultural tractors, backhoe, front-end loaders, skid steers, excavators or other heavy equipment. Such operation entails working on steep slopes, rocky or soft ground, or surrounded by other terrain obstacles.
- Performs a variety of welding activities with all types of commonly used metals and alloys, utilizing a wide variety of welding methods and equipment.
- Implements an Intergraded Pest Management system. Controls invasive species and vegetation along roads, fields, facilities, and ditches, etc., with the use of chemical and mechanical methods.
- Keeps written maintenance records for all equipment operated. Keeps equipment logbooks up-to-date at all times.
- Assist with the care and spawning of hatchery fish.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel for training and certifications.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597135200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.