Who May Be Considered:
- Status Candidates
- Land Management Eligibles under the Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act.
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Joining CISA means being part of the team focused on securing the Nation's physical and cyber infrastructure against threats to public health and safety, economy, and national security; we Defend Today, Secure Tomorrow. Within CISA, the Emergency Communications Division leads the Nation's operable and interoperable public safety and national security emergency preparedness communications efforts. Through training, coordination, guidance, technical assistance, and tools, the division supports safer, better-prepared communities nationwide by helping federal, state, local, tribal, territorial and industry partners develop emergency communications capabilities. The division also ensures communities have access to priority telecommunications and restoration services to communicate under all circumstances.
Visit www.cisa.govto learn more about CISA and how you can be part of the team to Defend Today; Secure Tomorrow.
In this position, you will be responsible for assisting the Priority Telecommunications Services (PTS) Associate Director with implementing the subdivision's vision and guidance for overall operations of the PTS Subdivision. In this capacity, you will:
- Supervise, evaluate and provide advice to employees and managers on a wide variety of technical and project management functions related to public safety telecommunications systems to include operability and interoperability technology selection, project planning, policy issues and associated budget and resource planning.
- Develop staff performance plans in accordance with organizational goals observing manager and employee performance and providing counseling, employee recognition and improvement plans as required.
- Advise PTS Associate Director and Deputy Associate Director on processes, metrics development, process management, customer focus and strategic performance indicators.
- Review technical documents, plans, policies and proposals for technical correctness, alignment with Departmental and Administration missions, goals and vision.
- Develop and provide input related to telecommunications, public safety, homeland security operations and communications interoperability.
- Execute strategic planning initiatives through analysis of internal and external emergency communications policy/legislation.
- Provide advice and guidance to CISA senior leadership on contracts related tasks and Systems Engineering Lifecycle activities for public safety communications capabilities and associated policy and programs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel 1 to 5 nights for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597130600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.