What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?Learn more about this agency
Salary GS-14: $119,384 (Step 01) - $155,196 (Step 10)
There are two interdisciplinary positions that may be filled either as a Supervisory Research Hydrologist, Chemist, Geologist or a Geophysicist.
The closing date of this announcement has been extended through Friday, April 23, 2021 BEFORE midnight Eastern Time (Washington, D.C. time).
As a Branch Chief with the Geology, Geophysics, and Geochemistry Science Center (GGGSC), some of your specific duties will include:
- Working with the Science Center Director on a wide spectrum of supervisory responsibilities, including direct supervision of projects and personnel, facilities management, workforce planning and diversity, employee safety, and strategic research planning.
- Assigning and reviewing work for research, technical, and support personnel; responsibility for allocating resources; and reviewing, accepting, amending, or rejecting work.
- Developing, conducting, and reporting original technical research broadly in the field(s) of geophysics, geology, chemistry, geochemistry, and hydrology.
- Developing and maintaining partnerships across interdisciplinary technical fields in academia, industry, and Local/State/National/International government agencies.
- Writing, reviewing, and/or editing scientific and administrative reports on the geophysical, geological, geochemical, chemical, and hydrologic methods and results developed in support of research.
- Reporting findings and presents data in a variety of creative ways to transfer knowledge to a widely disparate community of stakeholders and clients.
Occasional travel - Overnight travel of 2 nights per month is required for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597124400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.