As our nation navigates the COVID-19 pandemic, CBP is committed to delivering our mission to safeguard America's borders and enable legitimate trade and travel. Staffing mission critical positions remains a high priority. Be reassured that CBP is still hiring, despite potential hiring process step delays due to restrictions to in-person activities.Learn more about this agency
Organizational Location: This position is with the Department of Homeland Security, within U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Office of Information and Technology located in Ashburn, VA.
This position is responsible for identifying and evaluating new technologies for application in support of CBP business processes. This position starts at a salary of $122,530.00 (GS-14, Step 1) to $159,286.00 (GS-14, Step 10) with promotion potential to $159,286.00 (GS-14 Step 10).
In this Information Technology Specialist (Security) position you will become a key team member of Homeland Security professionals. Typical work assignments include:
- Ensuring the CBP Chief Information Security Officer (CISCO), Program Directorate Executive Director, Deputy Executive Director, and Branch Chief is kept apprised of all matters involving the security of the information systems as it relates to audits and investigations (financial and/or Office of Inspector General (OIG)).
- Coordinating information security resources including oversight and review of higher-level cybersecurity requirements such as those resulting from laws, regulations, or Presidential directives
- Ensuring that all Cybersecurity Mission Critical and Financial Systems Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Security Plans are reviewed annually and obtain proper required signatures
- Ensuring privileged users and System Service Accounts Recertification are performed annually on all Cyber-Security Mission Critical and Financial systems.
- Conducting systems security certification and accreditation requirements and processes, on Cybersecurity Mission Critical Financial Systems, to ensure they meet audit requirements.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597100400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.