You will serve as a TELECOMMUNICATIONS MECHANIC in the INFRASTRUCTURE MAINTENANCE DIVISION of NCTAMSLANT NORVA.Learn more about this agency
- You will perform inside and outside plant work of the division, which is tasked with accomplishing construction, installation, maintenance, and repair services of fiber optics and copper communications infrastructure.
- You will use various types of electronic test equipment, analyze system failures, isolate and document causes of outages.
- You will troubleshoot, test splices for shorts, opens, transposed/reversed pairs, crosses, splits, shield continuity, shield to earth earth grounds, bonding and grounding, on copper cables.
- You will maintain accountability of all items, vehicles, tools, and test equipment assigned to the section.
- You will provide technical support for planned projects consisting of switching and transport networks supporting analog, digital, voice, data, and video teleconference services.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597098400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.