This position is located in the Platform Support, lnfrastructure Operation (IO), IT Operation and Services (ITOPS), Office of Information and Technology (OI&T) serving as a Senior IT Specialist responsible for the full range of duties associated with one or more IT specialty areas required to support:: STORAGE MANAGEMENT, PLATFORMS & OPERATING SYSTEMS, BACK OFFICE SYSTEMS, AND CLIENT TECHNOLOGIES.Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
OPM Cyber Code - Database Administrator #421, OPM-Cyber Code - System Administrator #451, OPM Cyber Code - Systems Security Analyst #461
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
This is a bargaining unit position.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist/ PD10059A and PD10060A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary, but may involve periods of walking, bending, stooping, lifting, carrying, moving (up to 50 pounds) components and supplies, reaching, pulling, and working at a keyboard and monitor. Subject to call back outside tour of duty.
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-13. At the GS-12 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-13. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds. Promotion is not guaranteed and no promise of promotion is implied.
- Reviews directives, policies, programs, enterprise-wide functional user requirements and acquisition strategies/vehicles for program related issues to determine the impact and implications in supporting information systems.
- Support and assist in developing storage architecture; provide daily support and management of IO storage systems using installed storage systems, tools and processes. Support Site Data Migration in the Regional Storage Architecture as directed and provides daily support as needed.
- Provide daily support, management, and optimization of Server Hardware and Operating Systems, including ESX and Linux Enterprise System.
- Provide daily support and management of Systems Domain including Active Directory Object Management, DNS, DHCP, User and Group Distribution Management, Group Policy Management. Standardize architecture of domain under regional responsibility.
- Provide daily support and management of Desktop software patching and installation, including package creation, using Region approved processes and tools (including CA, SMS, and Patchlink).
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597075900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.