This position is excluded from the bargaining unit.Learn more about this agency
More than one selection may be made from this announcement, and the office for that selection may vary.
Please note - only your resume and cover letter will be forwarded to the selecting official.
This position is located in the Division of Cybersecurity, Office of Electric Reliability. The division participates in the standards and interpretation development process, review of proposed new or modified reliability standards and interpretations filed with the Commission, and compliance, auditing and enforcement of the standards to best protect and improve the reliability and cybersecurity of the bulk power system.
Major duties of the position include:
- Utilize comprehensive knowledge and understanding of power systems and commission regulations, policy and precedence to guide staff in analyzing Bulk Power System events.
- Manage a group of technical Cybersecurity specialist on cybersecurity-related standards, incidents and issues related to CIP protection of the bulk power system.
- Serve as subject matter expert in OER, the Commission and other Federal agencies on matters concerning Cyber Security and CIP compliance and enforcement matters.
- Conduct extensive technical analysis of CIP standards and make oral and/or written recommendations to senior level officials on compliance and enforcement matters.
- Lead and support teams responsible for developing input into Commission orders that help ensure the reliability of the bulk power system.
Occasional travel - Some travel required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597051100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.