About the Position: This position is located with the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC), Coastal and Hydraulics Laboratory (CHL), Office of Technical Directors in Vicksburg, MS.Learn more about this agency
This position is being filled at the full performance level DB-4 (GS-12/14).
- Serve as Associate Technical Director.
- Serve as the lead Coordinator for Civil Works (CW) congressionally directed research in CHL and ERDC.
- Document value of Research and Development investments and communicate for upwards reporting and dissemination
- Assist the Technical Director in defining research needs and requirements, as well as review of internal research.
- Provide technical direction and expertise relative to flood and coastal storm risk management, emergency management, planning and economics, structural and geotechnical assessment, as related to environmental, hydropower, and water supply.
- Provide customer care and support to ERDC and CHL outreach and program/project development initiatives.
- Interact with the ERDC Civil Works Research Area Team and other USACE organizations in the management of existing programs and the development of new ones.
- Represent the ERDC and CHL at intra- and interagency workshops and meetings, serve on technical coordination committees and working groups.
- Support technology transfer and the technical missions of the CHL, working closely with the Laboratory's Technical Directors, Division Chiefs, Branch Chiefs, Executive office and senior researchers.
- Support CHL?s Strategy and assist in streamlining Civil Works Research and Development program management and business intelligence.
- Assist in formulation and implementation of strategic initiatives in Civil Works Research, Development & Technology (RD&T).
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597050900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.