The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is US Citizens and legal US residents in the local area. Legal US residents must possess a social security number and be citizens of a NATO country, except for the host country of Germany. (Family Member Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
This position is located at Vehicle Registration, Sembach, Germany.
- Serves as Programmer Analyst at the USAREUR Registry of Motor Vehicles. Works under the direction of the Application Programming supervisor.
- Develops and maintains application programs and small subsystems in support of Registry functions using primarily COBOL and CICS in a mixed VSE mainframe and client server environment.
- Provides analysis, design, programming services including, but not limited to: coding, testing, debugging, and documentation of programs. Designs, writes, tests, debugs, maintains software applications that meet technical/functional requirements.
- Applies database management principles and methodologies, including data structures, data modeling, data warehousing, and transaction processing to the development and design of applications.
- Advises IT staff on software design principles, methods and approaches. Applies IT policies, standards and guidelines. Evaluates and recommends adoption of new or alternative approaches to application development.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597034300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.