This position will support the Federal Government's response efforts to COVID-19.Learn more about this agency
This is a temporary appointment not to exceed 9/30/21.
This position is located in the Office of Information & Technology (OIT), Account Management Office (AMO). Responsibilities include advising and managing operations involving cyber security, network infrastructure and communications, cloud infrastructure, database technologies, application and operating system technologies, and handheld mobile technologies.
Please read this public notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application.
Vacancies may not presently exist but may become available at any point during the opening period of this vacancy announcement. Applicant resumes will not be reviewed until there is a request to fill a vacancy. Your resume and any supporting documentation will be retained with other applicants and reviewed as vacancies occur.
You will not receive a notice regarding the status of your application other than the initial acknowledgement until a request is received to fill a position.
Once a request to fill a vacancy is received, the first 100 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs. Applicants will be notified about the status of their application, if referred and/or if all vacancies have been filled.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
- 801 - Program Manager
- 802 - IT Project Manager
- 804 - IT Investment/Portfolio Manager
This is a bargaining unit position.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am- 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Virtual: Not available
Position Description Title/PD#: Information Technology Specialist/PD18593T and PD18593TA
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary and does not require any special physical effort. Duties may require lifting and carrying computer equipment such as monitors, printers and laptops weighting p to 50 pounds.
- Provide analytical and technical direction for infrastructure and network related incidents.
- Provide expert infrastructure related analytical support to a team of VA and contractor resources to ensure expedient and effective resolution of productions issues.
- Provide advanced infrastructure analysis by proactively monitoring and measuring infrastructure performance.
- Provide planning, design, development, and implementation of security programs designed to anticipate, assess, minimize, and resolve vulnerabilities of systems in production.
- Analyze network design and architecture documents, and network and communications equipment strategies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to occasionally travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597021000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.