THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a BUDGET ANALYST (T5), Position Description Number T5154000 and is part of the AL 20TH SF GP, National Guard.
ORGANIZATION: 20TH SFG, BIRMINGHAM, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: CPT K. BLANDAMER
1. Performs moderately difficult and complex assignments consisting of well-precedented tasks to further orient the employee in the application of occupational principles, methods, and techniques. Assignments are combined with training to develop analytical skills and techniques used to resolve issues or problems of a procedural or factual nature. Individual projects can be performed utilizing established, commonly applied methods. Work includes various duties involving different and unrelated tasks. Independently plans and carries out successive steps and handles problems and deviations in work assignments in accordance with instructions, policies, previous training, or accepted practices. The decision regarding what needs to be done depends upon the analysis of the subject, phase, or issues involved in each assignment, and the chosen course of action may have to be selected from many alternatives. The employee uses judgment in interpreting and adapting guidelines, such as agency policies, regulations, precedents, and work directions for application to specific cases or problems. The employee analyzes results and recommends changes. Completed work is usually evaluated for technical soundness, appropriateness, and conformity to policy and requirements. Assistance in solving problems is available from the supervisor or a higher-graded specialist. (20%)
2. Executes budget. Continually analyzes and evaluates changes and gaps in program plans and funding. Reviews expenditure of assigned appropriations, re-imbursement allocations and transfer of funds. Reviews funding documents for assigned appropriations. Allocates appropriated funds to individual activities/functional areas based on an analysis of activity budget estimates, historical expenditures, quarterly projections, and approved funding. Reviews, edits, and consolidates annual and multi-year budget estimates for assigned organizations and programs into a consolidated budget request. Prepares or edits narrative justification and projected funding needs, and assures data in request is formally and accurately documented in a wide variety of forms, schedules, and reports. (25%)
3. Performs program analysis of actual expenditures compared to planned utilization of annual budget and/or allotment authority, evaluates fund availability to achieve balance of approved objectives and determines where reprogramming actions may be necessary. Identifies trends and patterns, recommends ways to improve utilization of funds, and suggests alternative funding approaches. Evaluates the effect of cost and programmatic changes on the budget execution process. Adjusts fund allocations as required. Verifies, enters and adjusts budgetary data in a variety of forms, schedules, and reports. Provides analytical guidance for year-end close out to ensure proper, legal, and full utilization of funds. (25%)
4. Provides financial advice, interpretation, and guidance on a variety of budget related matters, to include types of funding available, budgetary changes, and year-end closeout procedures. (15%)
5. Prepares budget related reports, written correspondence and other documentation. Drafts or prepares a variety of documents to include newsletter items, responses to routine inquiries, reports, letters, and other related documents. Uses software such as word processing, spreadsheets, program language, plotting software, etc., to facilitate work. (15%)
Performs other duties as assigned.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597019600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.