This position is located on the Andrew Pickens Ranger District of the Francis Marion & Sumter National Forests, with a duty location in Mountain Rest, South Carolina.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent is responsible for planning, programming, and executing work plans and projects for wilderness, recreation, trails, special uses, and other related programs.
For additional information, please contact Robert Sitzlar, at 864-638-4461, or email@example.com.
- Responsibilities listed are at the GS-11 full performance level.
- Oversee recreation program budgets and annual programs of work to carry out the objectives of the local unit as identified in the unit plan.
- Analyze and determine the effects of proposed recreation activities on natural resources for environmental assessments and reports.
- Review and monitor recreation, wilderness and related management activities to recommend ways to achieve program goals and objectives.
- Coordinate activities between units and among other specialists (engineers, wildlife biologists, etc.) to ensure consistency in program emphasis, development, and use between unit resources.
- Provide expertise and advice in the administration of wilderness, recreation, trails, special uses, and related programs and management activities.
- Communicate agency management practices, rules, and regulations to the public for education on wilderness, trails, special uses and recreation activities.
- Foster an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the organization.
- Perform administrative and/or human resources management functions.
- Provides supervision less than 20% of the time.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel with overnight lodging may be required for training, meetings, and/or to fulfill the duties of the position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596994200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.