This position is located in the Department of Compact Operations (DCO), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC).Learn more about this agency
Although the position is advertised equivalent to GS-11/12, MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is pay band 4c/4b which is generally equal to GS-11/12.
As a Program Officer, you will:
- Support the Country Team for the assigned country program(s) with responsibility for coordinating and supporting activities in cooperation with Resident Country Mission and multidisciplinary team members and consultants.
- Coordinate with Country Team members to ensure timely completion of key internal management and reporting processes such as the quarterly disbursement request, the quarterly portfolio review, the quarterly result report and the quarterly status report.
- Contribute to MCC information management and knowledge sharing by designing, developing and implementing systems (and databases) to organize, consolidate and share data used routinely to fulfill internal as well as external reporting requirements- and maintain a library of documents specific to country projects.
- Assist in coordinating, facilitating, scheduling key Compact milestones (tracked in MS Project work plans), promoting cross sector collaboration and teamwork as well as providing travel and logistical support pertaining to missions, country team meetings, management reviews, or special events with other MCC divisions or country counterparts as needed to support Compact operations.
- Perform a variety of special projects to address program needs (e.g. quarterly disbursement request packages, technical data management, travel authorizations, action memorandum approvals, tracking procurements and financial data, monitor and track Compact progress towards established goal(s), and provide status reports.
- Compile and prepare necessary information from country teams and RCMs; prepare and develop budgets, reports, and narrative and statistical materials needed for on-going organizational planning and program monitoring as well to meet reporting requirements.
- Develop, consolidate, and/or prepare briefing papers, talking points and background materials on country- and project-related issues and topics.
- Ensure that data requests are tracked and completed and that documentation is published, updated, organized and distributed as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596988500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.