This position is being announced under FEMA's Cadre of On-call Response/Recovery Employee (CORE) Program. This is a temporary appointment in the Excepted Service, not to exceed 2 years, with the option to extend based on workload and funding availability. Veterans Preference does not apply to the CORE selection process.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
The candidate will support the Grants and Data Analytics Branch. Duties will include the following:
- Gathering and analyzing data; interpreting gathered data
- Submitting reports to senior leadership
- Assisting with development of business goals and needs
- Advising management of potential positive and negative effects of proposed actions
- Establishing new data gathering and analysis techniques within the organization
- Analyzing and creating tests
- Providing guidance and recommendations to allow senior leaders to make decisions
- Developing specifications and requirements for developers and programmers to follow
- Maintaining and troubleshooting business applications including endpoints and databases
- Developing, analyzing, prioritizing, and organizing requirements specification, data mapping, diagrams, flowcharts for developers and testers to follow
- Defining and coordinating the execution of testing procedures, and developing test cases to serve the overall quality assurance process
- Implementing best practices for scalability, supportability, ease of maintenance, and system performance
- Developing and implementing maintenance procedures, monitoring system health, gathering system statistics, and troubleshooting reported errors and alarms
- Providing documentation of all processes and training as needed
- Translating highly technical specifications into clear non-technical requirements
- Meeting and coordinating with internal and external stakeholders to establish project scope, system goals, and requirements
- Serving as a liaison with staff and involved program review authorities to keep informed of changes and decisions relevant to assigned projects.
Promotion Potential: Positions filled under Stafford Act regulations generally do not have documented promotion potential; however, dependent on an employee’s ability to perform higher level duties, the continuing need for an employee to perform work associated with a higher level position, and administrative recommendation and approval, promotions may be earned by CORE employees.
Occasional travel - Occasional non-emergency travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596971400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.