This position is part of the IBC HRD Security and Drug and Alcohol Testing Div, Office of the Secretary of Interior. The incumbent will be responsible for identifying, distributing and balancing workload and tasks among assigned personnel security specialists in accordance with established work flow.Learn more about this agency
- Supervises a staff of personnel security specialists and assistants and performs the full range of supervisory duties.
- Provides technical guidance, advice and assistance to subordinates. Assigns, monitors, and reviews work. Evaluates work performance and provides feedback.
- Effects disciplinary actions. Reviews business processes for improvement.
- Trains or arranges for the training of assigned personnel in methods and techniques of security related issues.
- Tracks and provides input to Branch Chief regarding team metrics regarding the progress in meeting established milestones and deadlines in the completion of team assignments, tasks, objectives and goals.
- Establishes a collaborative working relationship with stakeholders to ensure that their needs are heard and addressed.
- Uses project management, conflict management, mediation, team building, and negotiation tools to achieve results in a collaborative spirit.
- Analyzes diverse viewpoints to make planning decisions and solve work problems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596942400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.