SummaryWho May Be Considered:
- U.S. Citizens
- Status Candidates
- Land Management Eligibles under the Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Learn more about this agency
Joining CISA means being part of the team focused on securing the Nation's physical and cyber infrastructure against threats to public health and safety, economy, and national security; we Defend Today, Secure Tomorrow. Within CISA, the Office of External Affairs provides communications strategy, message coordination, analyses and guidance, relationship-building and decision-making support on Agency policies, plans, programs, key initiatives and actions across all external stakeholders, including the media, Congress and industry.
Visit www.cisa.gov to learn more about CISA and how you can be part of the team to Defend Today; Secure Tomorrow.
In this position, you will serve as an External Affairs Specialist .Typical work assignments include:
- Coordinating with public affairs, public engagement, digital media legislative affairs and strategic communications to plan and execute communications strategies.
- Interpreting, developing or analyzing policy/program issues related to stakeholder engagement or external affairs in support of accomplishing the critical infrastructure security and resilience mission.
- Coordinating on conference planning and management, involvement and outreach efforts to Federal, State, local, tribal, territorial, academia and other partner groups, as well as, the media.
- Writing correspondence, memoranda, talking points, web content, brochure copy, external affairs guidance, policies, concepts of operation, standard operating procedures and other documents relevant to communicate CISA activities and operations.
- Conducting research on initiatives and issues and briefs senior executives on findings of significance related to stakeholder perspectives and concerns, outreach strategies and communication initiatives and proposals.
NOTE: Relocation expenses will not be paid. You will be limited to selecting two of the four locations advertised.
- Atlanta, Georgia
- New York, New York
- Dallas, Texas
- Seattle, Washington
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for up to 5 nights per month for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596929200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.