You will serve as an Engineer/Scientist in the Strategic and Computing Systems Department of NAVSURFWARCENDLD. If selected, you will serve as the Chief Engineer for the Strategic and Computing Systems Department and ensure that all products and services provided by the department are of the highest possible quality and meet technical rigor standards.Learn more about this agency
- You will utilize expertise of research and engineering best practice techniques for systems engineering, software engineering, test and evaluation, cyber technologies, and modeling and simulation as they relate to weapon system development.
- You will utilize expertise in complex warfare weapons systems and the associated underlying science and engineering disciplines to ensure successful systems development.
- You will assist the project teams in executing their projects to ensure that the requirements of the NSWCDD System Engineering Policy, Project Review Policy, Project Review Checklists and Guides are met.
- You will provide leadership and guidance to shape the A project portfolio and associated strategic goals and measures of success through instituting technical rigor methodologies.
- You will provide assessment and recommendations to Department Head and Division Heads for A Department/Division Strategic Plans, Mission Statements, Implementation Approaches, as well as Technical Execution and Technical Rigor approaches.
- You will lead and facilitate the establishment and/or continued improvement of metrics based product and process cost, schedule and technical performance assessment processes and techniques.
- You will lead and champion the A Department Technical Execution Review (TER) and Quarterly Execution Review Process (QER) initiatives.
- You will collect metric data on A Department Tech Brief participation, Project Review Execution and Quality, and provide yearly metric assessment reports.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596928700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.