This position is in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Strategic Sourcing, Category Management, Hardware Category. The incumbent oversees IT category operations and will work closely with agency, government, and industry stakeholders to develop effective cost reduction strategies, including category specific strategic, spend and procurement plans.Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles:
OPM Cyber Code - 801
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website (https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways).
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Is Available.
Telework: May be available upon supervisory approval.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist/PD18586A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required.
Physical Requirements: Work is sedentary. Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with travel and to attendance at meetings and conferences away from the work site. Some employees may carry light items, such as papers, books, or small parts, or drive a motor vehicle. The work does not require any special physical effort.
- Develops a comprehensive category management program that supports IT categories such as Hardware Category, Software Category, IT Services Category, and Professional Services Category.
- Establishes and executes the processes for managing category management customer and vendor requests.
- Provides expert technical advice, guidance and recommendations to senior leadership, management and technical specialists on critical, complex, and controversial IT category management issues ensuring integration of key program activities.
- Seeks out industry and government best practices for adoption and implementation to improve key business functions.
- Works with key stakeholders to understand business opportunities and apply new innovative technology developments to complex and intricate systems and processes.
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 10% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596918800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.