THIS IS A TITLE 32 DUAL STATUS POSITIONLearn more about this agency
DUTY LOCATION: United Stated Property & Fiscal Office (USPFO), Hartford, CT
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Area 2: All currently employed full-time temporary technician personnel and all current traditional members of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Indefinite Appointment/Temporary promotion not to exceed two (2) years. The purpose of the indefinite appointment/temporary promotion is to backfill a deployed Soldier. The indefinite appointment/temporary promotion will be terminated within 30 days of return of the incumbent to the position.
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to provide management with objectively based information to effectively assess the full range of logistical asset accountability of all units/activities within the state. The purpose is to monitor and ensure effectiveness of operations regarding logistics accountability. Identifies process, system, and equipment on hand deficiencies by applying defect prevention principles and root cause problem resolution techniques and recommends corrective action for each. Serves as advisor to the USPFO and his staff members regarding compliance, readiness posturing as relates to accountability, and mission limiting issues.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develops sampling plans and procedures for validating unit/activity accountability and inventory certifications.
- Evaluates unit and organizational effectiveness.
- Collectively evaluates management effectiveness of property management functions and informing management of their programs.
- Applies statistical analysis techniques to measure progress, efficiency, and trends impacting the effectiveness of the organization to meet the organizational goals and objectives.
- Interprets a variety of requirements making independent judgments to determine organizational compliance with applicable regulations, procedures and practices.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596898800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.