THIS IS A TITLE 32 DUAL STATUS POSITIONLearn more about this agency
DUTY LOCATION: Combined Surface Maintenance Shop (CSMS), Windsor Locks, CT
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Area 2: All currently employed full-time temporary technician personnel and all current traditional members of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
ResponsibilitiesJOB SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this position is to perform calibration, diagnostics repair, and certification of electronic, mechanical, and radiation Test Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE).
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Calibrates and repairs TMDE within support capability and authority including various levels of calibration as designated in technical bulletins, manuals, etc.
- Sets up system test sets and various types of test equipment such as frequency meters, standing wave ratio meters, radio frequency (RF) power meters, function/ arbitrary waveform generator, distortion analyzers, time frequency work stations, oscillators,voltmeters, electronic counters, oscilloscopes, attenuators, decade resistors and capacitors, signal generators, stroboscope, tachometers, pneumatic and hydraulic pressure standards and other physical and electronic tests.
- Following repair, tests by applying signals in known amplitude and wave shape into oscilloscopes to observe wave pattern.
- Determines purpose in operation characteristics of each major section.
- Completes necessary Army Maintenance Management System (TAMMS), calibration, radiation reports and other records and forms on work completed.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is normally performed in well lighted, humidity and temperature controlled shops. There are dangers from high voltage electrical shock, RF energy, radiation exposure and contamination, burns from soldering irons, high-pressure air and high-pressure hydraulics. Frequently exposed to the possibility of cuts, burns, or bruises, and sprains while repairing, positioning, and moving equipment. May use safety equipment for extended periods such as protective ear devices, eye protection, hard hats, hard-toe shoes, respirators, and protective clothing.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Work is performed in tiring or uncomfortable positions for long periods, requiring frequent bending, reaching, stretching, climbing, and crouching. Works in cramped or awkward positions, on top of and under equipment. Performs strenuous work while standing, lying, or sitting. Frequently lifts and handles items weighing up to 40 pounds, or occasionally heavier items, with the assistance of other workers. Work requires sitting for extended periods of time, and frequent standing, walking, bending, reaching, and stooping. May work from ladders and platforms, at varying heights.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596892800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.