THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a HEALTH SYSTEMS SPECIALIST (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D1941000 and is part of the IL 183 AOG, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
As a HEALTH SYSTEMS SPECIALIST (TITLE 32), GS-0671-9, you will serve as the full-time Health Systems Specialist for the installation, geographically separated units (GSUs), and tenant units, with responsibility for managing all medical administrative functions including medical support, medical operations, force health management and related medical applications.
This is NOT an all-inclusive list:
- Provide medical management and advisory services that contribute substantially to the plans, policies, decisions, and objectives of senior management.
- Provide policy guidance and interpretation to senior management officials to ensure compliance with medical aspects for the worldwide deployability of Group personnel, geographically separated units (GSUs), and tenant units.
- Interpret regulations and assists in their implementation for the installation to ensure compliance with Health Services Inspections (HSI), Occupational Health and Safety Administration requirements (OSHA), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and Environmental Safety and Occupational Health Compliance Assessment and Management Program (ESOHCAMP).
- Comprehend the unique medical requirements of organizations subordinate to the AOG Commander in order to guarantee the medical readiness of personnel for worldwide deployment.
- Develop plans, policies, procedures, goals, and objectives for the overall operation of the Medical Staff.
- Direct unit and staff activities by assuring that medical work and program goals are being met and are consistent with higher headquarters policies and requirements.
- Evaluate medical program effectiveness.
- Provide advice to higher headquarters on impact of medical policy changes concerning unit operations and mission capabilities.
- Prepare the medical annual operational budget including current fiscal year, revised estimates, five year projected estimates and medical unit Financial Plan in accordance with ANG medical financial guidance.
- Monitor expenditures and ensures that fund projections are adequate to cover requirements.
- Manage Health Services activities, including plans and operations, human resource management, and medical staffing.
- Serve as the senior medical administration advisor for the medical group and is the installation's focal point for highly sensitive, privacy act and protected medical issues.
- Plan, develop and direct Group programs such as recruiting, retention, public relations, self-inspection, individual training, proficiency training, quality assurance/risk management, medical readiness, unit mobility and deployment, operational training missions, mass casualty, anti-terrorism, inspections, investigations, resource management including high value War Readiness Material (WRM), disaster preparedness, plans and exercises, security, radio operations, and safety.
- Determine eligibility, authorizes and coordinates civilian and military medical care for Active Guard Reserve (AGR) personnel and other eligible beneficiaries in accordance with directives and local policies.
- Coordinate with civilian and military medical providers and other base organizations (finance, personnel, unit commanders, supervisors, and legal) to ensure accurate processing and continuity of care.
- Review medical supply and equipment requirements, makes appropriate recommendations, and requests required procurement and funding authorizations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596855000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.