This position is located in Infrastructure Operations, Office of Information and Technology (OI&T) serving as an IT Specialist responsible for the full range of duties within their ASSIGNED SERVICE LINE and Division. The Incumbent serves as an Information Technology (IT) Specialist with duties associated with one or more IT specialty areas required to support the following service line Campus Networking (LAN).Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
OPM Cyber Code - System Administrator #451, OPM Cyber Code - Technical Support Specialist #411, OPM Cyber Code Database Administrator #421
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available.
Telework: May be available at supervisor's discretion.
Virtual: This is a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist/ PD10072A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required.
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary, but may involve intermediate periods of walking, bending, stooping, lifting, carrying, moving (up to 50 pounds) computer components and supplies, reaching, pulling, and working at a keyboard and monitor. Subject to call back outside tour of duty.Major Duties:
- Serves as project leader or participates as team member on ad hoc and/or standing work groups in a virtual environment accountable to the division chief.
- Creates and maintains documentation on IT systems and infrastructures to include configuration standards, as-built network diagrams and historical and trending information.
- Participates in network and systems designs to ensure implementation of appropriate systems security policies.
- Ensures the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles and practices to the delivery of application software services.
- Provides front line or first responder support to IT related customer service calls and system maintenance duties such as upgrades, patches, backups/restores.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position 10% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596852700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.