This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain DoD Personnel to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service. Your resume will not be reviewed for qualifications until a selection is made.Learn more about this agency
About the Position: Serve as chief of the systems support team and lead administrator for data centers servicing the US Army in Okinawa, Japan and Guam.
- Plan, organize and execute data processing and storage work projects.
- Write technical evaluations and proposals for system software and hardware upgrades and improvements to meet changing requirements or as directed by higher authority.
- Operate and maintain systems providing services such as server virtualization, user and device authentication, email, voice over IP (VOIP), configuration management, websites, and databases.
- Assure that proposals are consistent with the command's long range plans and budget constraints.
- Perform all of the immediate supervisory functions.
- Use and configure Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) for application delivery, device management, and software update management to service a wide range of devices.
Occasional travel - Up to 10% Business Travel required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596851000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.